WHAT'S MICRONEEDLING HAIR RESTORATION?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure in which tiny needles are inserted into the surface of your skin or scalp. These miniature needles are applied to your epidermis, helping to stimulate the renewal of skin cells, collagen, and elastin.
When they’re used in the areas of thinning hair on your scalp, microneedles can create a gateway to your hair follicles for stimulation right at the root of hair strands.
These tiny topical injuries trigger the wound healing process. This prompts the release of hormones called growth factors, which stimulate new blood vessels to grow in the area (a process called neovascularization). These blood vessels carry more nutrients and oxygen and are believed to contribute to improved hair growth, especially when combined with other therapies such as stem cells.
So, what kinds of hair loss can microneedling treat? Studies have shown that microneedling can treat androgenetic alopecia (male and female pattern baldness) and some cases of alopecia areata.
HOW DO MICRONEEDLING AND STEM CELLS WORK FOR HAIR LOSS?
When microneedling and stem cell therapy are combined, they encourage hair growth. The normal healing response to the needle pricks acts like an amplifier for the stem cells. The process of microneedling opens channels to your hair follicles, allowing direct access to begin invigorating and strengthening them.
DE|RIVE is a plant derived stem cell hair support system that comprises biomimetic plant based factors that will help promote the following:
- Decrease inflammation
- Increase hydration
- Increases blood flow
- Help remove dead cells form around the follicle
- Increase cytokeratin 15 proteins integral to the fortification of the bulb responsible for hair growth
Derive has also been shown to have overall rejuvenating effects and will help promote the following:
- Natural hair regrowth
- Increase hair count, thickness, and density
- Stronger & thicker hair follicles
- Natural-looking results
- Improved confidence in appearance
- Rejuvenates receding hairlines
- Results with NO down time
For optimal results, 4-6 treatments at least FOUR weeks apart are recommended. Results vary by patient.
The following information will help you prepare for your hair restoration treatment:
- Wash your hair prior to the procedure (night before or morning of)
- Don't add hair products (gel, mousse, hairspray) prior to your appointment
- Eat a meal and drink water prior to your appointment
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking both before and after your procedure
- Avoid applying ice or heat to the injection site for 48 hours post-procedure (Inflammation is an important part of the healing process. Ice reduces inflammation and swelling and therefore may compromise the healing process)
- Avoid hot baths for at least 24 hours post procedure
- You MAY shampoo your hair 24 - 48 hours following your procedure
- You MAY exercise 24 hours following your procedure
- Use the 30-day supply of derive hair growth serum to enhance your results at home.